The Summer 2011 edition of the National Churches Trust magazine is now out, and contains a wide range of articles and news of interest to all those who care about churches. This high quality magazine is sent free to all Friends of the National Churches Trust. Why not consider becoming a Friend? As well as receiving our magazine you’ll be joining a growing group of supporters helping to keep churches alive for local communities and ensuring that they are there for future generations. It’s easy to join online via our 'How You Can Help' page or get in touch with us for further details.
The latest edition of the magazine includes the following features:
- Latest news from the National Churches Trust and the wider church buildings sector
- A report on the Trust’s groundbreaking National Survey and details of some our recent grant awards
- BBC broadcaster David Dimbleby introduces the forthcoming guide Exploring Britain’s Churches & Chapels, published by the AA in partnership with the Trust
- A special readers’ discount offer to the British Museum’s major ‘Treasures of Heaven’ exhibition
- Book reviews of some of the latest must-reads for church enthusiasts
- A tour of churches of the Scottish islands by author and photographer Richard Surman
- Competition to win a copy of the new publication ‘Betjeman’s Best British Churches’
- Author A N Wilson describes his favourite church
- And much more!